Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Monday Pier Swim












The outside water was calm and flat Monday.  There were a bunch of surfers on both sides of the pier with beautiful, smaller waves-but great conditions.  Waves were 2-5 feet, I'd say.  The water was about 60 degrees and the cold is here.  Visibility about 5 feet.I got around the pier in just under 36 minutes and felt ok.  I stopped briefly off the end of the pier for a current check and there was a mild current moving south.  Two guys went by me closer in near the pier in a small, Hawaiian-type paddle canoe.  I can't think of what you call them.  Those 2 guys were flying though.  I don't know how far they were going but I wouldn't want to be racing them.
There were very few people wandering the beach late yesterday afternoon, which was nice. Plenty of parking and quiet.
The water is getting clean and the red tide is gone.  Fall is coming fast. 
I still have water draining from my sinuses this morning. 


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment