Thursday, March 15, 2012

Surf Report Oceanside, CA

I just checked my favorite beach web site:  www.surfline.com  to get a view of the beach conditions.  It looks the same as yesterday when I didn't have a camera with me.  I can't swim today because I have to go to a doctor and, hopefully, get some injections around some of my vertebrae where the nerves are pinched and messed up. 
Word of advice to the still-young and adventurous adrenaline junkie: avoid rodeo & avoid diving and falling onto your head as a child and chronological (but not sensible) adult.  Those injuries come back to haunt you.
But, as always:   "The first time you quit is the last time you try."

I have another line of ageless wisdom that I have been thinking about introducing here on this blog.  I cannot claim to have followed this advice throughout my life-just as I cannot claim always to have followed my daily closing line regarding "trying."  Regardless of my shortcomings in the area of "giving up" or "quitting" on something in life, my daily saying on this blog has helped to get me to drag my toasty warm butt into the cold water at times when I would rather have stayed on the Laz-E-Boy recliner.  Stay tuned for my upcoming sentence of advice passed on to me by a former high school Teacher (Teacher intentionally capitalized because He was a special man).  Maybe I'll reflect and write on this today or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment