Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy Saint Patrick's Day From Oceanside, CA



I'm thinking of Saint Patrick's Day today, and reminiscing a bit about grammar school when we kids considered it a big deal to wear a green, plastic derby, along with an 'Erin Go Bragh' button. I've never been to Ireland but would like to visit after retirement or before death, whichever comes first. I've been too lazy this year to prepare the corned beef and cabbage-perhaps a day late-tomorrow ...(Sunday). Other things going on today in the house. I was trying to move a Laz-E-Boy recliner from the garage to the living room-without shoes-and I got my right, big toenail squished under the spring of the chair at its base. I soaked the bleeding nail for a few hours in ice and the nail is torn completely off at the base. Ouch. I'll leave it on while it heals from underneath. It's raining outside so I'm glad no swimming required today. Happy St. Patrick's Day.


"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment