Sunday, March 6, 2011

Harbor to Pier Swim









































































































































Today the game was to swim from the Oceanside Harbor Beach to the Pier. I went around past the Pier and in to the beach there. The water was warmer than usual. No fins. No webbed gloves. I had the ocean to myself except for a sailboat, kayak, or two or three.
Oh, note the out-of-control urban runoff into our beautiful ocean. Yuk! Swimming through the ocean currently is like swimming through a churned up sandy, dirty, silty mess. I have my hepatitis shots!
The city is currently also dredging the sand in the harbor and spraying it south down the beach to replace eroded sand. That's why the dredges and machinery are visible in the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment