Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tsunami View Oceanside CA Fri Mar 11




























































































So, the tsunami increased the water level a bit in Oceanside, CA., and the waves were more of a continual surging of rough water than formed waves. I went to the beach on base to look to see if it was safe to swim. They had the beach closed for safety but I took a few pictures of the water. It was too rough to swim without fins and a swimmer's safety vest but I would have been in had the beach been open.













Next I drove to the Pier and the water was too dirty to swim. There were a few dozen surfers trying to find a wave in the rough surge and a variety of lower socioeconomic characters socializing in groups at the beach. I took a few pictures and had no desire to go in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment