Thursday, October 13, 2011

Beautiful Swim Harbor to Pier Oceanside CA










Oh my goodness, what a beautiful afternoon at the beach!  It was glorious!  We had a mild offshore breeze condition today with warm temps at the beach--78 degrees.  I stopped at the Harbor Beach and the offshore effect was lifting the breaking waves spray up into the air a bit-and the effect was picturesque! The surfers were out in big numbers. The water was chilly, but not too cold.  I swam in shorts and was fine. 
I swam out from the Harbor Beach about two hundred yards past the surfers and headed south to the Pier.  The swim from the Harbor to the Pier was absolutely fantastic!  It was calm, some glassiness, some cold spots, some warm spots, only remnants remaining of the red tide, and I had the whole outside ocean almost to myself.  I saw two kayakers and one guy doing that stand-up paddle thing.
The water got a little choppy at the pier and I starting to head in to a very mild current moving north-but still great conditions.  I threw up a little bit after swimming about 1/4 mile because I had just eaten a pack of Suzy-Q's and a cola.  You know the chocolate, rectangular Suzy-Q's with the white, cream filling.  I love them. 
I hit the beach on the south side of the pier at 1 hour and 12 minutes.  The distance was approximately 1 mile and 1/2 or 3/4.  Who knows...
Then I still had energy to jog back up the beach to the Harbor parking lot.  Just really great! Really special.
These pictures stink because I took them afterward when it was getting dark.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment