Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wed Pier Swim: Cold Water, Dolphins, Glassy Ocean, Less Red Tide








I had a nice swim after work today.  In the water I'm still in trunks and I'm cold. I'm holding off on the wet suit for the time being.  Before I went in I saw a few dolphins playing aroung in the water.  I entered where they were but they didn't stay around; I didn't see them at all while I was in.  The water was glassy and had some warm spots mixed in with the cold water.  The red ted has eased up; the brown water is light brown far out and clearer closer in to the beach.  We still have a good ways to go before we are back to normal though.  I took some pictures today.  My swim was 34 minutes and I felt good.  My stroke felt good; my breathing felt very good;  I was very comfortable.  It was a good swim today.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment