Sunday, October 9, 2011

Red Tide Returns This Afternoon. Ughhh...

When I pulled up to park at the beach this afternoon, I was extremely disappointed to see that the brown ocean-the red tide-is back!  Maybe last night it was still there, but light enough to give one the impression that it was dying off.  The brown was not covering the entire ocean today, but lay in patches and streaks over most of the water.  There were some blue areas mixed in-so at least the situation is improving.
I swam the pier from north to south this afternoon.  The water was a bit warmer than yesterday, but still cold.  The wind was blowing southward; there was a mild south movement to the surface water, and the choppiness was blowing southeast. 
I swam a long route and it took 38 minutes.  Two strong waves threw me around as if I were a baby as I came in through the surf. 












A good swim.

"The first time you quit is the last time you try."

No comments:

Post a Comment